PML Stock Capacity Transmission Pan for GM 6L50
Part Number 11149
PML stock capacity 6L50 Transmission Pan is in development, no pictures yet.
Stock GM 6L50 Transmission Pans and PML Deep Transmission Pan, Click To View Larger Image
Stock pans and PML deep pan. Click on image to view larger.
Volume: stock capacity
Dimensions: Not yet available
Availability and Pricing: Prototype parts available Fall 2018. Pricing to be determined.
The GM 6L50 transmission is found on models of Camaro, Cadillacs, Caprice, and 2015 and newer Canyon and Colorado trucks.
- 2009 to 2015 Camaro 3.6
- Some Cadillac CTS, SLS, STS
- Vehicles with the 6L45 transmission (such as Caprice)
- 2015 and 2016 Chevrolet Colorado gas engine
- 2015 and 2016 GMC Canyon gas engine
- 2015 to 2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2.8 Diesel
- 201t to 2018 GMC Canyon 2.8 Diesel
Always check your vehicle to verify transmission and clearance. Configurations vary.
Benefits of PML Design
- Finned to increase surface area for heat dissipation
- Drain and magnetic drain plug
- Thick walls and gasket flange
- Heavy duty construction
- Only slightly deeper than stock to maintain ground clearance for low profile vehicles such as cars, lowered trucks, and trucks with some skid plates
See PML Part Number 11150 for our deep 6L50 pan with extra fluid capacity.
Fill and Level Check
On the stock pan, we've heard that the fill is actually a hole in the main casing, on the passenger side, that is plugged
with a rubber plug (no dip stick or fill tube).
We have heard that the level is checked by removing a bolt that looks like a drain at the rear of the pan while the transmission is operating at temperature.
If no overflow occurs, the transmission needs fluid. Check your owners manual for the procedure for your vehicle.
Inside of stock GM 6L50 transmission pan, level check hole, click to view larger image
Click on an image to view larger.